National Chocolate Day Top Events and Things to Do
- Watch a movie about chocolate or a documentary about chocolate. Our favorites are: The Dark Side of Chocolate , Charlie and the Chocolate Factory , Nothing Like Chocolate and Coca-nomics.
- If you’re not in the mood for a movie, you can always kick back and pair a hot suspense thriller: Special Victims Unit with a cup of cocoa!
- Try a healthy recipe to make your favorite chocolate bar at home. Chocolate bars sold on the shelves are full of artificial flavors, hydrogenated oils, preservatives and tons of added sugars. Try recipes that offer alternatives such as gluten free flours or cookies, unsweetened coconut flakes or dark chocolate dips.
- Attend a chocolate and wine pairing to learn more about how to bring out the best chocolates for which occasion.
- Ride the free chocolate tour at the one of the largest chocolate factories in the world located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Take a moment and shop at Hershey’s Chocolate World and visit HersheyPark to ride the roller coasters.
- Try a new variety of chocolate. Milk, dark, white, or sweet chocolate are some of the more popular varieties sold. In addition, you can purchase those chocolate varieties with an infinite number of toppings or fillings.
Click this clip of I LOVE LUCY in the Best Chocolate Scene Ever.
Why not top off your day with one of these amazing DIY Chocolate candy bar recipes? http://www.mywebroom.com/blog/easy-candy-bar-recipes-you-can-make-at-home/